Is Ethernet right for your company?
Ethernet is a WAN connectivity method that allows businesses to get business class, SLA-guaranteed, symmetric bandwidth for a fraction of what it would cost to get multiple T1s or DS3s. Services using Ethernet Access include Internet, MPLS, Layer 2 Metro LANS and long haul services. Businesses have used Ethernet inside the office (LAN) for years and now the same technology can be used for traffic outside the office (WAN).
Ethernet is not offered everywhere. Its availability is depends on the following:
- Carrier’s central office proximity
- Quality of copper (if copper based) or availability of fiber (if fiber based)
- Availability of compatible equipment in carrier’s central office
How Paradigm Technology Group Can Help:
If you are thinking about Ethernet, we can help you determine which carriers are available at your specific location(s)
If you have not considered Ethernet before, here are some reasons why many businesses are choosing Ethernet today:
- Ideal for IP traffic (Native LAN “Language”) – allows you to switch instead of route traffic between sites
- Service can be handed off to you as a simple CAT5 hand-off, making it easy to integrate with your existing equipment
- Increasing port speeds is usually possible without the need for a truck roll or new customer premise equipment
To learn if and what type Ethernet is available in your area, contact us or request a quote today!